Thursday, June 11, 2020

GMT Panzer SOLO AP Fire Command Process

Fire commands assigned.
I've been working on the user interface for performing armour piercing fire commands, which has been a bit of a challenge. It's not difficult to code, but there is a lot going on under the hood. Testing has been quite a challenge and takes significant time to verify numerous possible outcomes.



Anyway, I think I've got a good foundation. There are still a number of items to implement, such as the "AP Number of Hits" and "AP Penetration" tables. I'll be tackling those right away.

In this short video that demonstrates what I have so far for AP direct fire, we have two soviet units, an SU-85 M43 and a T-34/85 M44. Both units are in the woods and have spotted 2 German units out in the open and headed north.

The Soviet units are both assigned individual "Fire" commands. Both have targeted the German Panther. Let's find out what happens. Make sure to turn subtitles on...


No comments: